The ICRA 2023 organizing committee encourages researchers and the general public to submit stand-alone videos that capture the present and the future of robotics. We are soliciting videos in three categories: state-of-the-art in robotics and automation technology or early adoption by consumers and impact on society, negative results/bloopers, and imagining the future. We welcome videos showing early results as well as well-researched results. The emphasis should be on real systems, or realistic models, and should be accessible to everyone, both in terms of content and in terms of presentation.
To submit a video to ICRA 2023, please refer to the following instructions:
- Duration: 1-4 minutes.
- Size: up to 50 MB.
- Format (only one of the following should be used): mpeg, mp4, mpg
- Maximum duration: 240 sec
- Minimum video quality: 720p
- Minimum frame rate (fps): 24
- Codecs: Do not use special codecs in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible. Any variance from the suggested formatting may result in difficulties playing the file on different platforms and could be blocked.
- If recorded footage is sped up in the video, the speedup factor should be clearly indicated.
- Audio is optional, but lack of audio should have minimal impact on the comprehension of the video.
- Structure: The video must include at the beginning a video cover with the title, authors and affiliation and the credits at the end.
The video should not have any commercial pitch and the authors of each video must have clear copyright of the audio and visual content. The copyright should be released to the conference.
Stand alone videos can be submitted during the following two periods:
- 5 August until 10 September 2022, and
- 16 September until 21 October 2022.
(Video uploads will be unavailable between 11 September and 15 September 2022, to allow the unhindered uploading/updating of the PDF manuscripts of contributed papers during that period)
Each video submission must be accompanied by a one-page description in PDF file format, which includes:
- title, authors, and affiliation
- video category (regular video OR blooper)
- 200-word abstract, and
- contact information
The selected videos (and the PDF descriptions) will be linked in the program. Videos will be displayed during the conference and to the public via social media and IEEE TV.