Thanks to the generous support of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society we are delighted to announce a second round of travel awards to attend ICRA2023 in London.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be presenting papers at ICRA 2023 (including authors of TRO, RAL, RAM, and TASE papers who will be presenting their work at ICRA 2023).
- Be either;
o student members of IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (category 1); or
o full members of IEEE Robotics and Automation Society from developing countries as determined by the Developing Country Listing (category 2); or
o full members of IEEE Robotics and Automation Society who are young professionals as determined by their date of graduation (category 3).
- Opening Date: 3rd April 2023.
- Application deadline: 21st April 2023 23:59 PT.
- Notification of award: 5th May 2023.
Applications may be made from 3rd April 2023 via the portal here: https://apply2.org/ieee/apps/icra_travelgrants/
To complete an application, an applicant is asked to provide:
- Basic information about the applicant.
- Information about his/her accepted ICRA 2023 papers.
- A statement about how attendance at ICRA 2023 will impact the applicant.
- Resume/CV of the applicant.
- In addition, for a student applicant (category 1), the application requires an endorsement by the student’s faculty advisor. This must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline indicated above.
Estimated costs in the application process should be made in USD.
Applications are reviewed on a competitive basis with priority given to younger members, and members from under-represented groups and regions.
In order for an award recipient to claim the travel grant – that can be in the range of US$750 to US$1250 – he/she must provide proof of attendance (registration) and of travel (boarding passes and ticket receipt). Instructions regarding the reimbursement process will be provided at a later date.
Members who submitted an application in the first round and were added to the waiting list will automatically be reconsidered for this second round and do not need to make a second application.